Announcements & News »
PAL3.0 is coming to the Residence Halls
There is a project currently underway to install PAL3.0 in the residence halls. You will be notified before your hall is scheduled to be worked on by the contractors. Some tips to make the process go smoothly:
- When you are contacted that your hall is going to be next, please make sure your desk, bed, furniture, or anything that is by the ethernet ports on the wall is moved. The installers need about a 4' by 4' space to work (about the size of a washing machine).
- Put away or secure any valuable or breakable items.
- There will be drilling and some light dust. We apologize for this and will do the best we can to minimize the intrusion.
- There will be a gaming SSID for gaming systems. The name of it is PALGaming. There will be help available on purdue.edu/goldanswers if you'd like help connecting your gaming systems.
- Please disable the wireless broadcasting on your personal routers. This will help minimize interference and will be the first troubleshooting step the helpdesk will ask about if you call or email.
More information about how to configure your devices to PAL3.0 and PALGaming can be found at purdue.edu/goldanswers.Posted Dec 18, 2014
We believe the intermittent connectivity issue should be resolved. If you continue to experience issues, please try the following steps first:
- Power cycle your router by turning it off, waiting 30 seconds, and turning it back on.
- Restart your computer.
If this doesn't work, try unplugging the Ethernet cable from your router and plugging it directly into your computer. If you can connect to ResNet this way, you can call us to help troubleshoot your router. If you still cannot connect when you're directly plugged into the port, please call us so we can continue to investigate.
You can contact the ResNet help desk at 765-494-2200 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that our primary focus is to ensure that connectivity to the wall is in place and we will assist with personal router troubleshooting as we can.Posted Aug 22, 2014
(Updated Aug 24, 2014)
Move-in and Start of School Hours
Start of school hours on 8/23 and 8/24 are Saturday, August 23rd - 12 pm to 4 pm and Sunday, August 24th - 12 pm to 9 pm.
After that, ResNet hours will be Monday - Thursday, 7 am to 9 pm; Friday 7 am to 6 pm; Saturday 11 am to 5 pm; and Sunday 1 pm to 6 pm.
We are experiencing high call volumes and are addressing them as quickly as we can. Thank you for patience.Posted Aug 13, 2014
(Updated Aug 20, 2014)
Printer Problems on ResNet
If any user is experiencing a problem while printing on ResNet, please contact the help desk so we are aware of the issues. We have had multiple people within other Purdue departments notify us that users have contacted them about issues, but ResNet hasn't received any reports about it.
Specifically, we are interested in Windows 8 problems. From our testing, Windows 8 cannot connect at all. Windows 7 seems to work, but is slow. Mac seems to work perfectly.
If you are able to successfully connect to the printers on ResNet, we would also be interested in hearing about this. With more users reporting success/failure to connect to the printers on ResNet, we will be able to narrow down the problem and solve it much faster.
If you experience any problems, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 765-494-2200.Posted May 01, 2014
(Updated May 02, 2014)
Mapping Career Account and Printing Resources
Purdue has recently changed how printing is approached on campus. Purdue University is pleased to introduce print release stations. With this new method users will be able to send a print job from a computer and print it to any ITaP printer on campus within a 6 hour window. In addition users who already have a ITaP printer mapped and wish to continue using a single printer should not see any change. To learn more please visit:
Purdue residents may wish to map their H drive and network printers from their personally owned computer. Instructions for mapping the Purdue "H drive" can be found here:
The following printers have been replaced with newer models so if you have one of them mapped you may need to delete the printer and remap it in order to get the new drivers.
Posted Jun 04, 2012
(Updated Mar 23, 2013)